Sunday, September 2, 2012

Memories

Today while driving home from dropping my nephew off I was thinking of my grandpa. The kids were sleeping in their car seats and the radio was playing a song about memories. It made me tear up thinking how I would never hear his sweet voice again, that next time I saw my grandma he would look at her like they were still newlyweds. I miss holding his warm grandpa hands, or hearing his funny stories. But then I was thankful for so much about him to. I was thankful I got 25 years with him. I got many kisses, and memories with him. I loved him and he loved me. He got to meet both of my children and though they won't remember him when they get older I can tell them stories of how his eyes lit up when he first saw them or how proud he was of their very existence.
I truth I believe my grandpa was a great man not because he was my grandpa but because he lived a full life. He married, was in the military, worked multiple jobs at a time to support his family, had four amazing children. My grandfather had many friends, many adventures, and memories. He started and supported charities, he believed in God and knew the importances of family. Grandpa cried, laughed, bled, smiled. He was my grandpa and I miss him every single day and hope that when God calls me to his kingdom he will be the one to meet me at the doors.

No comments: